Reminder: OpenChain Specification FAQ review

Mark Gisi

Reminder: The OpenChain specification FAQ list can be found here:

    https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/spec-faq

The FAQ content is currently under review and your feedback is requested. We plan on finalizing the FAQ list at the next Spec working group meeting on September 6th.

Best,

- Mark

Mark Gisi | Wind River | Director, IP & Open Source

Tel (510) 749-2016 | Fax (510) 749-4552

Till Jaeger

Am 26.08.2016 um 19:29 schrieb Gisi, Mark:
Reminder: The OpenChain specification *FAQ* *list* can be found here:

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openchain/spec-faq

The /FAQ content is currently under review/ and your feedback is requested.
Some short remarks:

1.
"What is the objective of the of the of the OpenChain specification?"

The expression "quality FOSS compliance artifacts" needs some explanation.

2.
"How was the specification developed?"

Something is wrong with point 1: "Ordered List ItemKnow your Free"

Missing link for "The Supplier License Compliance Audit (SLCA)"

3.
FAQ "What is the Supplier License Compliance Audit (SLCA) for? would be helpful.

Otherwise, it looks good to me.

Best,

Till

We plan on finalizing the FAQ list at the next Spec working group meeting on
September 6^th .

Best,

- Mark

*Mark Gisi | Wind River | Director, IP & Open Source ***

*Tel (510) 749-2016 | Fax (510) 749-4552*

Thanks Till. Updates have been made to the FAQ list to address both of your comments. More specifically, on 1. I added the following definition:

The expression "quality FOSS compliance artifacts" needs some explanation.
The following definition was added:
FOSS compliance artifacts consisted of: source code, build scripts, license copies, attributes notices, modification notices and other materials FOSS licenses governing a software deliverable may require.

- Mark