SPECIAL CALL TO ACTION: ISO/IEC WG suggestions for OpenChain Security Assurance Specification 1.0 - CALL ON TUESDAY AT 08:00 UTC
ISO/IEC WG/SC27 (security) has provided some feedback on the OpenChain Security Assurance Specification 1.0 for our review. Our review cycle runs from now until October 4th and you can get started on checking their comments via our issue tracker here:
We will hold a special call to discuss their comments on Tuesday the 27th of September 2022 at 08:00 UTC to review their comments.
I want to provide some guidance on the review of these comments and suggestions.
(1) Our specification was completed after a multi-month process in March 2022, and it was ratified by our board for ISO/IEC JTC-1 PAS submission on the 14th of September 2022
(2) Therefore OpenChain Security Assurance Specification 1.0 is functionally complete
(3) We should review the ISO/IEC WG comments with this perspective
(4) We are looking for editorial adjusts for clarity and errors
(5) We are not looking to change the scope or function of OpenChain Security Assurance Specification 1.0 or any immediate clarity / error adjusted successor
(6) This is because we want to proceed with our JTC-1 PAS submission as approved by the OpenChain Governing Board
(7) But we can place any comments for scope and function adjustment into a deferred status
(8) And we will return to them for discussion around inclusion in OpenChain Security Assurance Specification 2.0