Test instance of OpenChain self certification is available

Gary O'Neall

Greetings all,

A test version of the open chain self certification questionnaire is now available at http://openchaindeploy.m6rqmtrixp.us-west-1.elasticbeanstalk.com/

You can login as the user testuser password openchain.

The site has not been well tested, so expect a few glitches.

Please review and let me know any ideas for improvements.

I also would appreciate any help on the style sheets (the web UI is not a specialty of mine).  The tables could use some better formatting.  If anyone with a good background in HTML/CSS would like to volunteer, please contact me and I’ll go over the style sheet and class organization.  The site uses jQuery and jQueryUI which makes pretty good use of style sheets.

The source for the website is in my github repo at https://github.com/goneall/openchainserver

The code is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.

The code quality is not up to my usual standards since I was trying to get something up before LinuxCon Europe.  I plan to add some unit tests, clean up the code, add more documentation, and a few features over the next couple of weeks.  That being said, feel free to look at the code and offer any improvement advice.

The code uses the AWS toolkit for deployment.  The questionnaire itself is all database driven.  There is a script in the resources directory that adds the content you see on the site.

Thanks,
Gary

Gary O'Neall

Principal Consultant

Source Auditor Inc.

Mobile: 408.805.0586

Email: gary@...

Shane Martin Coughlan <shane@...>

Thanks Gary. I understand this is for the OpenChain Specification self-certification rather than directly related to the OpenChain curriculum slides. Is that understanding correct?

Shane

On 2016 Sep 26, at 15:05, <gary@...> <gary@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Shane,

That is correct.

I will follow-up with Clyde from the Linux Foundation today to discuss an approach for the check understang for the curriculum slides.

Gary

<gary@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Gary! Great work on pulling all this together. We are in for an exciting launch in October!

<gary@...> wrote:

[...]

Alexios Zavras

Hi Gary,

I’m not sure whether it’s due to my browser, but the survey questions appear in alphabetical order of their numbers, rather than numerically sorted. So I see them as 1.1, 1.10, 1.11, 1.2, 1.3, etc.

-- zvr –

[...]

Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Christian Lamprechter
Registered Office: Munich

Gary O'Neall

Hi zvr,

Yes – you are correct, the sorting needs to be fixed.  This also came up during one of the OpenChain calls as well.

I’ll add a custom sort/comparator to fix it this week.

Thanks for the feedback and let me know if you see anything else that should be improved.