Date   

OpenChain Mini-Summit – The International Standard for Open Source Compliance – Your Certification Options – 29th October 2020 @ 15:00 CET / UTC+1

 

The OpenChain Project will host a special three hour mini-summit to explain the three options for compliance to the International Standard for open source compliance. It will be an interactive session with plenty of opportunity to ask the experts about all aspect of certification. This event is free to join and requires no registration. 

At the end of this mini-summit you will have a clear picture of the certification options available for the International Standard for open source compliance. You will understand the process for self-managed certification and the options for collaborating with trusted partners.

Join Us @ 15:00 ~ 18:00 CET / UTC+1 – 29th October 2020

This will be a Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 999 012 0120
Password: 123456


European Commission Survey on Open Source Software and Open Hardware

Andrew Katz
 

Hi All

Just a reminder that this survey is waiting for you:

https://inno.limequery.com/436575

It will be used to inform European Commission policy for the next 10 years, and for the first time, they are taking a serious look at open hardware. 

You don't have to answer all of the questions, and it's open to people and organisations both in and outside the EU. Please feel free to forward it to anyone you think might be interested. 

All the best


Andrew


OpenUK

Andrew Katz
 

Hi All

Just to let you know our friends at OpenUK are running a free webinar at noon today on freedom, security and community. It should be interesting!

Email admin@... for joining instructions.

All the best


Andrew






Future Leaders Training card with dito logo Charles Schulz 9 Oct 2020.png


OpenChain Webinar #13 – First Monday of October at 9am Pacific – Build Your Own Open Source Policy With The OSADL template

 

Greetings all!

We have quite a treat lined up for our thirteenth webinar. Carsten Emde and Caren Kresse will talk about building your own Open Source policy with the OSADL template. This is an alternative approach to the official OpenChain policy template that may be of interest.

Join us at Monday at 9am Pacific to learn more.

Join Our Webinar

Password

  • 123456

One Tap Telephone (no screensharing)

+358 9 4245 1488,,9990120120#Finland
+33 7 5678 4048,,9990120120#France
+49 69 7104 9922,,9990120120#Germany
+852 5808 6088,,9990120120# Hong Kong
+39 069 480 6488,,9990120120# Italy
+353 6 163 9031,,9990120120#Ireland
+81 524 564 439,,9990120120# Japan
+82 2 6105 4111,,9990120120# Korea
+34 917 873 431,,9990120120# Spain
+46 850 539 728,,9990120120#Sweden
+41 43 210 71 08,,9990120120#Switzerland
+44 330 088 5830,,9990120120# UK
+16699006833,,9990120120# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,9990120120# US

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abeUqy3kYQ ( https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fzoom.us%2Fu%2FabeUqy3kYQ&sa=D&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw2yK4fS2trpB1lITLI31XE9 )
Not all countries have available numbers.

After dialing the local number enter 9990120120#



Open Compliance Summit - Call for Proposals extended to Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Alex Boehm
 

Reminder: the Open Compliance Summit - the only global event dedicated to open source compliance - will take place December 1st. The call for papers is open now:
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-compliance-summit/program/cfp/

image006.png

The Call for Proposals for the OpenCompliance Summit 2020 has beed extended to Wednesday, September 30, 2020, at 11:59 pm PST. Submit a paper now:


The summit will be held as a virtual event on December 1st, 2020 and the theme for this years event is:

Open Source Compliance as a Standard with Shared Processes and Effective Automation

Register here:



OpenChain ballot complete - we are an ISO standard - publication (and ISO number) within six weeks

 

Dear UK Team

The OpenChain ballot is complete and we are approved as an ISO standard. Next step is publication (and ISO number) within six weeks. When we are published we will do PR in English, German, Japanese, Chinese (simplified and traditional) and Korean.

You made this happen. Your energy, dedication and support has lead to the largest step forward for open source compliance ever taken.

The existence of an ISO standard marks a turning point, but there is ongoing work to do to ensure OpenChain is inevitable across the supply chain. Now is the moment to maintain our course, maintain our resolution, and firmly manage the foundation for true sustainability.

Let’s keep working.

Shane


Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/openchainproject


OpenChain UK Work Group Meeting Next Week

Marie Parkinson
 

We have a full agenda planned with a fantastic line-up of speakers for the next OpenChain UK Work Group meeting, taking place via Zoom on Wednesday 30 September from 14:00 – 16:00 BST.

The agenda is as follows:

14:00: Welcome and introduction by Andrew Katz (Orcro) & Sami Atabani (Arm)
14:10: News and Updates by Shane Coughlan (Linux Foundation)
14:25: OpenChain UK Workgroup: who, what, why when? Terms of reference
           and plans by Andrew Katz (Orcro) & Sami Atabani (Arm)
14:45: FOSSology: Opensource licence compliance system and toolkit by
           Oliver Fendt (Siemens)
15:20: SW360: Opensource repository and component management and
           compliance system by Michael Jaeger, Siemens
15:55: AOB
16:00: Thank you and goodbye!

To reserve your free place on the virtual meeting, please complete the online booking form.


OpenChain Sales and Procurement Leaflet Now Available

 

The OpenChain Project is delighted to announce the availability of a new leaflet designed to help Sales and Procurement Departments understand and include the OpenChain standard for open source compliance in their workflow. As with all OpenChain reference material this is provided under CC-0 licensing, effectively public domain, and suggestions or improvements are always welcome.

Download the Leaflet in PDF Format
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/raw/master/Sales-Procurement-Leaflet/Official/OpenChain%20for%20Sales%20and%20Procurement%20Departments%20Leafet%20Release%201.pdf

Access the Editable Source Files


Re: [openchain] New European conference in Oct

 

Fantastic stuff Jeremy!

With the regular meetings do you have a schedule for open source related activities through the end of the year? I’d be happy to share it with our community.

On Sep 4, 2020, at 17:05, Jeremy Bennett <jeremy.bennett@embecosm.com> wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

On 04/09/2020 05:35, Shane Coughlan wrote:
I’m looping one of the organizers into this thread.
Hi Shane,

Good idea - we need to meet to discuss the business aspects of free
and open source development more often, and it is good to do it at a
European level.

I'm not sure if you are aware the BCS Open Source SG ran a couple of
one day conferences on the same general theme, but UK centric a few
years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxde5XJWZRbTsmefD52Ip7a0wTxv6H1rt
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxde5XJWZRbQIOggbv4O3Vsxq5iEzIJUE

Different format, but similar objectives. After two years we felt we
had achieved what we could with dedicated meetings. Since then our
business centric activities have been integrated into our regular
events program.

Best wishes,


Jeremy


On Sep 4, 2020, at 13:34, Jeremiah C. Foster <jfoster@luxoft.com>
wrote:

Thanks Shane,

Is there more info on this, it looks really interesting. Feels a
little raw and short notice since the event is only about six
weeks away.

Anyone on this list know more?

Cheers,

Jeremiah

On 3 Sep 2020, at 23:25, Shane Coughlan
<scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

Wanted to give you a heads up about this event in case you are
interested in speaking / attending:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h0nb6cKMuphSQHV5wV4UUjCRBJkIbU-u-LFt2Po4DXA/edit

________________________________

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended only for the
recipient(s) named above and others who have been specifically
authorized to receive them. They may contain confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read this email or its attachment(s). Furthermore, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the
sender by replying to this e-mail and then delete this e-mail and
any attachment(s) or copies thereof from your system. Thank you.





- --
Cell: +44 (7970) 676050
SkypeID: jeremybennett
Twitter: @jeremypbennett
Email: jeremy.bennett@embecosm.com
Web: www.embecosm.com
PGP key: 1024D/BEF58172FB4754E1 2009-03-20
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=u1Vv
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----



Re: [openchain] New European conference in Oct

Jeremy Bennett
 

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

On 04/09/2020 05:35, Shane Coughlan wrote:
I’m looping one of the organizers into this thread.
Hi Shane,

Good idea - we need to meet to discuss the business aspects of free
and open source development more often, and it is good to do it at a
European level.

I'm not sure if you are aware the BCS Open Source SG ran a couple of
one day conferences on the same general theme, but UK centric a few
years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxde5XJWZRbTsmefD52Ip7a0wTxv6H1rt
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxde5XJWZRbQIOggbv4O3Vsxq5iEzIJUE

Different format, but similar objectives. After two years we felt we
had achieved what we could with dedicated meetings. Since then our
business centric activities have been integrated into our regular
events program.

Best wishes,


Jeremy


On Sep 4, 2020, at 13:34, Jeremiah C. Foster <jfoster@luxoft.com>
wrote:

Thanks Shane,

Is there more info on this, it looks really interesting. Feels a
little raw and short notice since the event is only about six
weeks away.

Anyone on this list know more?

Cheers,

Jeremiah

On 3 Sep 2020, at 23:25, Shane Coughlan
<scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

Wanted to give you a heads up about this event in case you are
interested in speaking / attending:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h0nb6cKMuphSQHV5wV4UUjCRBJkIbU-u-LFt2Po4DXA/edit

________________________________

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended only for the
recipient(s) named above and others who have been specifically
authorized to receive them. They may contain confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read this email or its attachment(s). Furthermore, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the
sender by replying to this e-mail and then delete this e-mail and
any attachment(s) or copies thereof from your system. Thank you.





- --
Cell: +44 (7970) 676050
SkypeID: jeremybennett
Twitter: @jeremypbennett
Email: jeremy.bennett@embecosm.com
Web: www.embecosm.com
PGP key: 1024D/BEF58172FB4754E1 2009-03-20
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=u1Vv
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


Draft for Review: German translation of the OpenChain Policy Template - Comments by September 10th 2020

 

A message from our friends in the German Work Team.
We have finished a first draft of the German translation of the policy template. We invite you to have a look and provide feedback.
The translation is based on the official English document for the 2.0 specification from the reference material repository: 
You can find the current draft of the translation in this Google document: 
Feel free to comment there.
We have kept the original English text for now at the side because that makes it easier to compare and check the translation. In the final version this will be removed and only the German text will be kept.
As a spreadsheet it’s not ideal for detailed review of specific parts of the text. If it’s more convenient for you feel free to copy it into another form of document and comment there.
If you have any questions or would like to get involved you can also contact me or Stefan Thanheiser <stefan.thanheiser@...> directly.
The plan for the next steps is to get the document a round of reviews, incorporate the resulting feedback, and then create a pull request to the reference material repository with the final version.
Cornelius Schumacher
Open Source StewardChief Technology Office (T.IVO)
DB Systel GmbH


Second OpenChain UK Work Group Meeting Announced - September 30 from 2pm UK Time

 


The OpenChain UK Work Group is holding its second meeting via Zoom on Wednesday 30 September from 14:00 – 16:00 BST.

This meeting will build on the success of the inaugural meeting in July which attracted a stellar roster of speakers, including: Shane Coughlan (Linux Foundation), Kate Stewart (Linux Foundation), Hiroyuki Fukuchi (Sony), Andrew Katz (Orcro), Sami Atabani (Arm),Thomas Steenbergen (HERE Technologies) and Mirko Boehm, as well as a diverse range of delegates from around the world.


Re: OpenChain Procurement Document - Final Text and First Draft Leaflet

 

OK everyone, if there are no further comments, our leaflet will be official published Tuesday.

On Sep 1, 2020, at 9:28, Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@lists.openchainproject.org> wrote:

Everyone, here is the second draft leaflet:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/blob/master/Sales-Procurement-Leaflet/OpenChain%20for%20Sales%20and%20Procurement%20Departments%20Leafet%20Draft%202.pdf

On Aug 28, 2020, at 16:12, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

We are finally there!

Final Text here:
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AsXJVqby5kpnkALZ44-ty0tQhYyQ

And here is the First Draft Leaflet:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/blob/master/Sales-Procurement-Leaflet/OpenChain%20for%20Sales%20and%20Procurement%20Departments%20Leafet%20Draft%201.pdf

Source here (including SVG and Photoshop):
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/tree/master/Sales-Procurement-Leaflet

Feedback welcome. We can refine until mid-September, and after that point we definitely need to lock down ahead of ISO release.

Regards

Shane



Re: [openchain] New European conference in Oct

 

I’m looping one of the organizers into this thread.

On Sep 4, 2020, at 13:34, Jeremiah C. Foster <jfoster@luxoft.com> wrote:

Thanks Shane,

Is there more info on this, it looks really interesting. Feels a little raw and short notice since the event is only about six weeks away.

Anyone on this list know more?

Cheers,

Jeremiah

On 3 Sep 2020, at 23:25, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

Wanted to give you a heads up about this event in case you are interested in speaking / attending:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h0nb6cKMuphSQHV5wV4UUjCRBJkIbU-u-LFt2Po4DXA/edit
________________________________

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended only for the recipient(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive them. They may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read this email or its attachment(s). Furthermore, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any attachment(s) or copies thereof from your system. Thank you.



New European conference in Oct

 

Wanted to give you a heads up about this event in case you are interested in speaking / attending:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h0nb6cKMuphSQHV5wV4UUjCRBJkIbU-u-LFt2Po4DXA/edit


Re: OpenChain Procurement Document - Final Text and First Draft Leaflet

 

On Aug 28, 2020, at 16:12, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

We are finally there!

Final Text here:
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AsXJVqby5kpnkALZ44-ty0tQhYyQ

And here is the First Draft Leaflet:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/blob/master/Sales-Procurement-Leaflet/OpenChain%20for%20Sales%20and%20Procurement%20Departments%20Leafet%20Draft%201.pdf

Source here (including SVG and Photoshop):
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/tree/master/Sales-Procurement-Leaflet

Feedback welcome. We can refine until mid-September, and after that point we definitely need to lock down ahead of ISO release.

Regards

Shane


OpenChain Procurement Document - Final Text and First Draft Leaflet

 

We are finally there!

Final Text here:
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AsXJVqby5kpnkALZ44-ty0tQhYyQ

And here is the First Draft Leaflet:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/blob/master/Sales-Procurement-Leaflet/OpenChain%20for%20Sales%20and%20Procurement%20Departments%20Leafet%20Draft%201.pdf

Source here (including SVG and Photoshop):
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Reference-Material/tree/master/Sales-Procurement-Leaflet

Feedback welcome. We can refine until mid-September, and after that point we definitely need to lock down ahead of ISO release.

Regards

Shane


OpenChain Webinar #11 – First Monday of September at 9am Pacific – Open Source Issues Remediation + Community Bridge and SPDX Online Tools

 

Make a memo! Set a reminder! This is going to be a great webinar.

Join us on September 7 at 9am Pacific as Jari Koivisto talks about Open Source Issues Remediation. Gary O’Neall and Rohit Lodha will talk about Community Bridge and SPDX Online Tools.

Join Our Webinar
https://zoom.us/j/9990120120

Password
123456

This is part of the bi-weekly OpenChain Webinar series. We feature international speakers on a wide range of topics related to open source compliance challenges and solutions. Learn more and review all the previous webinars here:
https://www.openchainproject.org/webinars-interviews


OpenChain Merchandise - Get Some for Free

 

We have a marketing budget for our country and international teams. Right now I have $25 USD of merchandise per head for 400 people (including shipping). This is a big thank you for everyone who helped make OpenChain what it is.

Here is the allocation of the award funds based on the subscriber numbers to various country and global lists:


It is up to each team to decide if they want a special process for claiming individual gifts. 

The global process will be simple. Please contact Rachel (operations@...) and let her know what you want. She will assemble a spreadsheet to track everything and we will order as each batch fills up.

Want to update my working data on the allocations? Did I get a number wrong? You can edit it live here.
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AsXJVqby5kpnj39NeJ_yDeAUZbN4


OpenChain Merchandise - Expanded! Lots of new local places added

 

Our zero-profit shop got a big upgrade today. In no particular order, the follow localized merchandise was added:
Finland
Sweden
Norway
Denmark
The Netherlands
France
Swiss French
Swiss German
Swiss Italian
Swiss Rumantsch
USA
Wales
Scotland
Ireland
Spain
Italy

Everything at:
https://openchainproject.threadless.com/

Source code for the images here:
https://github.com/OpenChain-Project/Image-Assets/tree/master/Official/Threadless-Merchandise

Got another place you want added? Let me know in this thread.

81 - 100 of 111