Date   

Our regular bi-weekly global work team call happens in one hour

 

On the talk today we will be covering a lot

1) OpenChain online training status

2) New onboarding slides

3) Updated overview slides

I would also like to talk about an optional security extension to ISO 5230 (a guide document rather than a specification).

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Shane

Shane Coughlan
OpenChain General Manager
+818040358083
Book a meeting:
https://meetings.hubspot.com/scoughlan


Webinar right now: Exploring Sustainable Community Management Through FreeDOS

 

We are just about to start our latest webinar. Like, right now.

This time we use a fun optic (FreeDOS) to discuss a very serious item: successful and sustainable project management.

We meet without registration via Zoom: ⁨https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09⁩

Learn more:
https://www.openchainproject.org/.../15/openchain-webinar-18


OpenChain Webinar #18 – Exploring Sustainable Community Management Through FreeDOS

 

OpenChain Webinar #18 – Exploring Sustainable Community Management Through FreeDOS

This time we use a fun optic to discuss a very serious item: successful and sustainable project management.

FreeDOS is a 23 year old community project focused on providing a complete DOS-compatible environment for running legacy software and supporting embedded systems. It has maintained stable development and community management throughout its multi-decade life. In this webinar Jim Hall will explore how this type of consistency was possible and how it can apply to other projects.

Join Us Monday 15th February:
07:00 Pacific (PST)
15:00 London (GMT)
16:00 Berlin (CET)
23:00 Beijing / Taipei (CST)
00:00 Seoul / Tokyo (KST / JST)

We meet without registration via Zoom: ⁨https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9990120120?pwd=NzVCaFE2L1RRRFZaSkk0dm8xdlplUT09⁩

Learn More:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2021/02/15/openchain-webinar-18


Re: ACTION ITEM: OpenChain Work Groups - Our Meeting Schedule for 2021

 

All, our global OpenChain calendar is live here:
https://www.openchainproject.org/community

Don’t see your event? Please let us know so we can add it. From next week this calendar will be advertised to the world as a way to engage.

Big thanks to Rachel for getting this started!

Shane

On Feb 2, 2021, at 15:13, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

Dear all

I would like to create a global calendar for OpenChain hosted on the website.

Can you coordinate your work group with Rachel to provide (provisional) dates for your meetings in 2021? It does not matter if you meet bi-weekly or once a quarter, if we could create this rough guide it would be really, really useful for new participants.

For work groups without a regular schedule, I propose we put something on the schedule for each quarter, starting with a meeting in mid-March.

For everyone else, please let Rachel know your basic idea for meetings throughout the year.

Let’s do this and make it super easy for people to jump in.

Regards

Shane



Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/openchainproject


Introducing Jennifer McGinnis (Jenni)

 

Hi Everyone!

I would like to introduce you to Jennifer McGinnis (Jenni), who will be helping OpenChain around Project Management moving forward.

Jenni has already been collaborating with Rachel in the background and will become more visible in our everyday activities. You can expect to meet her on calls, around our news and so on. I’m looking forward to this new chapter for OpenChain!

Regards

Shane


Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org

Schedule a call:
https://meetings.hubspot.com/scoughlan


Re: [oss-based-compliance-tooling] [japan-wg] [germany-wg] ACTION ITEM: OpenChain Work Groups - Our Meeting Schedule for 2021

Rachel Braun <rbraun@...>
 

Thank you, all. I’ve included this on the calendar.
As soon as call-in details are available, please pass them along so the calendar instance can be updated.

Thank you!

Rachel Braun
Event & Meeting Planner
The Linux Foundation
M: 608-669-3507 (Time Zone: Central)
E: rbraun@...




On Feb 9, 2021, at 11:05 PM, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:

Sure! Will do. Rachel, over to you.

My original mail was based on the schedule frequency 2019/2020 😊

On Feb 10, 2021, at 12:53, hiroyuki.fukuchi@... wrote:

I think it is reasonable and realistic to have placeholder meetings every THREE months around the same date.
We will adjust when we finally decide the schedule.
Thank you.

---
Hiro Fukuchi (Hiroyuki.Fukuchi@...)
Sony

-----Original Message-----
From: japan-wg@...
<japan-wg@...> On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: Tuesday, February 9, 2021 4:07 PM
To: oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io
Cc: japan-wg@...; rbraun@...;
germany-wg@...; india-wg@...;
uk-wg@...; korea-wg@...;
taiwan-wg@...;
openchain-automotive-work-group@groups.io;
education@...; operations@...
Subject: Re: [oss-based-compliance-tooling] [japan-wg] [germany-wg] ACTION
ITEM: OpenChain Work Groups - Our Meeting Schedule for 2021

Hi Fukuchi San!

Is it ok if we add placeholder meetings every two months around the same date,
and then adjust as final decisions are made?

Shane

On Feb 8, 2021, at 18:03, Hiro Fukuchi <hiroyuki.fukuchi@...> wrote:

Hi,

Japan WG is planning the next meeting on March 17(Wed).

We have not fixed the meeting schedule after April, but we will continuingly hold
a meeting per two to three months.

---
Hiro Fukuchi (Hiroyuki.Fukuchi@...) Sony

From: japan-wg@...
<japan-wg@...> On Behalf Of Rachel Braun
Sent: Friday, February 5, 2021 4:22 AM
To: germany-wg@...
Cc: OpenChain India <india-wg@...>; OpenChain
Tooling <oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io>; OpenChain UK
<uk-wg@...>; OpenChain Japan
<japan-wg@...>; OpenChain Korea
<korea-wg@...>; OpenChain Taiwan
<taiwan-wg@...>; OpenChain Automotive
<openchain-automotive-work-group@groups.io>; OpenChain Education
<education@...>; operations
<operations@...>
Subject: Re: [japan-wg] [germany-wg] ACTION ITEM: OpenChain Work
Groups - Our Meeting Schedule for 2021
Importance: High

Hello, all!

Following up on Shane’s message below regarding the global OpenChain
calendar. Please provide (provisional) dates for your planned 2021 meetings at
your earliest convenience. These meetings can be bi-weekly, once a quarter, or
standalone meetings - they can all be included on the global calendar.

Thank you to those groups that have already shared their dates!

Warmly,

Rachel Braun
Event & Meeting Planner & Interim Program Manager The Linux Foundation
M: 608-669-3507 (Time Zone: Central)
E: rbraun@...<mailto:rbraun@...>












On Feb 2, 2021, at 12:13 AM, Shane Coughlan
<scoughlan@...<mailto:scoughlan@...>>
wrote:

Dear all

I would like to create a global calendar for OpenChain hosted on the website.

Can you coordinate your work group with Rachel to provide (provisional) dates
for your meetings in 2021? It does not matter if you meet bi-weekly or once a
quarter, if we could create this rough guide it would be really, really useful for new
participants.

For work groups without a regular schedule, I propose we put something on the
schedule for each quarter, starting with a meeting in mid-March.

For everyone else, please let Rachel know your basic idea for meetings
throughout the year.

Let’s do this and make it super easy for people to jump in.

Regards

Shane



Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: scoughlan@...<mailto:scoughlan@...>
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org<http://www.linuxfoundation.org>

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/openchainproject



















Re: [education] [oss-based-compliance-tooling] [japan-wg] [germany-wg] ACTION ITEM: OpenChain Work Groups - Our Meeting Schedule for 2021

 

All groups, we are about to launch the first version of our calendar.

If you have not provided a meeting schedule, we will provisionally place you on a quarterly schedule beginning March, then arrange individual group dates one-to-one 😊

Rachael, do you have the bi-weekly tooling groups included?

On Feb 10, 2021, at 14:05, Shane Coughlan via lists.openchainproject.org <scoughlan=linuxfoundation.org@lists.openchainproject.org> wrote:

Sure! Will do. Rachel, over to you.

My original mail was based on the schedule frequency 2019/2020 😊

On Feb 10, 2021, at 12:53, hiroyuki.fukuchi@sony.com wrote:

I think it is reasonable and realistic to have placeholder meetings every THREE months around the same date.
We will adjust when we finally decide the schedule.
Thank you.

---
Hiro Fukuchi (Hiroyuki.Fukuchi@sony.com)
Sony

-----Original Message-----
From: japan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org
<japan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org> On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: Tuesday, February 9, 2021 4:07 PM
To: oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io
Cc: japan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org; rbraun@linuxfoundation.org;
germany-wg@lists.openchainproject.org; india-wg@lists.openchainproject.org;
uk-wg@lists.openchainproject.org; korea-wg@lists.openchainproject.org;
taiwan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org;
openchain-automotive-work-group@groups.io;
education@lists.openchainproject.org; operations@openchainproject.org
Subject: Re: [oss-based-compliance-tooling] [japan-wg] [germany-wg] ACTION
ITEM: OpenChain Work Groups - Our Meeting Schedule for 2021

Hi Fukuchi San!

Is it ok if we add placeholder meetings every two months around the same date,
and then adjust as final decisions are made?

Shane

On Feb 8, 2021, at 18:03, Hiro Fukuchi <hiroyuki.fukuchi@sony.com> wrote:
Hi,

Japan WG is planning the next meeting on March 17(Wed).

We have not fixed the meeting schedule after April, but we will continuingly hold
a meeting per two to three months.

---
Hiro Fukuchi (Hiroyuki.Fukuchi@sony.com) Sony

From: japan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org
<japan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org> On Behalf Of Rachel Braun
Sent: Friday, February 5, 2021 4:22 AM
To: germany-wg@lists.openchainproject.org
Cc: OpenChain India <india-wg@lists.openchainproject.org>; OpenChain
Tooling <oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io>; OpenChain UK
<uk-wg@lists.openchainproject.org>; OpenChain Japan
<japan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org>; OpenChain Korea
<korea-wg@lists.openchainproject.org>; OpenChain Taiwan
<taiwan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org>; OpenChain Automotive
<openchain-automotive-work-group@groups.io>; OpenChain Education
<education@lists.openchainproject.org>; operations
<operations@openchainproject.org>
Subject: Re: [japan-wg] [germany-wg] ACTION ITEM: OpenChain Work
Groups - Our Meeting Schedule for 2021
Importance: High

Hello, all!

Following up on Shane’s message below regarding the global OpenChain
calendar. Please provide (provisional) dates for your planned 2021 meetings at
your earliest convenience. These meetings can be bi-weekly, once a quarter, or
standalone meetings - they can all be included on the global calendar.

Thank you to those groups that have already shared their dates!

Warmly,

Rachel Braun
Event & Meeting Planner & Interim Program Manager The Linux Foundation
M: 608-669-3507 (Time Zone: Central)
E: rbraun@linuxfoundation.org<mailto:rbraun@linuxfoundation.org>












On Feb 2, 2021, at 12:13 AM, Shane Coughlan
<scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org<mailto:scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org>>
wrote:

Dear all

I would like to create a global calendar for OpenChain hosted on the website.

Can you coordinate your work group with Rachel to provide (provisional) dates
for your meetings in 2021? It does not matter if you meet bi-weekly or once a
quarter, if we could create this rough guide it would be really, really useful for new
participants.

For work groups without a regular schedule, I propose we put something on the
schedule for each quarter, starting with a meeting in mid-March.

For everyone else, please let Rachel know your basic idea for meetings
throughout the year.

Let’s do this and make it super easy for people to jump in.

Regards

Shane



Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org<mailto:scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org>
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org<http://www.linuxfoundation.org>

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/openchainproject

















Re: [oss-based-compliance-tooling] [japan-wg] [germany-wg] ACTION ITEM: OpenChain Work Groups - Our Meeting Schedule for 2021

 

Sure! Will do. Rachel, over to you.

My original mail was based on the schedule frequency 2019/2020 😊

On Feb 10, 2021, at 12:53, hiroyuki.fukuchi@sony.com wrote:

I think it is reasonable and realistic to have placeholder meetings every THREE months around the same date.
We will adjust when we finally decide the schedule.
Thank you.

---
Hiro Fukuchi (Hiroyuki.Fukuchi@sony.com)
Sony

-----Original Message-----
From: japan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org
<japan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org> On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: Tuesday, February 9, 2021 4:07 PM
To: oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io
Cc: japan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org; rbraun@linuxfoundation.org;
germany-wg@lists.openchainproject.org; india-wg@lists.openchainproject.org;
uk-wg@lists.openchainproject.org; korea-wg@lists.openchainproject.org;
taiwan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org;
openchain-automotive-work-group@groups.io;
education@lists.openchainproject.org; operations@openchainproject.org
Subject: Re: [oss-based-compliance-tooling] [japan-wg] [germany-wg] ACTION
ITEM: OpenChain Work Groups - Our Meeting Schedule for 2021

Hi Fukuchi San!

Is it ok if we add placeholder meetings every two months around the same date,
and then adjust as final decisions are made?

Shane

On Feb 8, 2021, at 18:03, Hiro Fukuchi <hiroyuki.fukuchi@sony.com> wrote:
Hi,

Japan WG is planning the next meeting on March 17(Wed).

We have not fixed the meeting schedule after April, but we will continuingly hold
a meeting per two to three months.

---
Hiro Fukuchi (Hiroyuki.Fukuchi@sony.com) Sony

From: japan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org
<japan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org> On Behalf Of Rachel Braun
Sent: Friday, February 5, 2021 4:22 AM
To: germany-wg@lists.openchainproject.org
Cc: OpenChain India <india-wg@lists.openchainproject.org>; OpenChain
Tooling <oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io>; OpenChain UK
<uk-wg@lists.openchainproject.org>; OpenChain Japan
<japan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org>; OpenChain Korea
<korea-wg@lists.openchainproject.org>; OpenChain Taiwan
<taiwan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org>; OpenChain Automotive
<openchain-automotive-work-group@groups.io>; OpenChain Education
<education@lists.openchainproject.org>; operations
<operations@openchainproject.org>
Subject: Re: [japan-wg] [germany-wg] ACTION ITEM: OpenChain Work
Groups - Our Meeting Schedule for 2021
Importance: High

Hello, all!

Following up on Shane’s message below regarding the global OpenChain
calendar. Please provide (provisional) dates for your planned 2021 meetings at
your earliest convenience. These meetings can be bi-weekly, once a quarter, or
standalone meetings - they can all be included on the global calendar.

Thank you to those groups that have already shared their dates!

Warmly,

Rachel Braun
Event & Meeting Planner & Interim Program Manager The Linux Foundation
M: 608-669-3507 (Time Zone: Central)
E: rbraun@linuxfoundation.org<mailto:rbraun@linuxfoundation.org>












On Feb 2, 2021, at 12:13 AM, Shane Coughlan
<scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org<mailto:scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org>>
wrote:

Dear all

I would like to create a global calendar for OpenChain hosted on the website.

Can you coordinate your work group with Rachel to provide (provisional) dates
for your meetings in 2021? It does not matter if you meet bi-weekly or once a
quarter, if we could create this rough guide it would be really, really useful for new
participants.

For work groups without a regular schedule, I propose we put something on the
schedule for each quarter, starting with a meeting in mid-March.

For everyone else, please let Rachel know your basic idea for meetings
throughout the year.

Let’s do this and make it super easy for people to jump in.

Regards

Shane



Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org<mailto:scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org>
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org<http://www.linuxfoundation.org>

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/openchainproject














Re: [oss-based-compliance-tooling] [japan-wg] [germany-wg] ACTION ITEM: OpenChain Work Groups - Our Meeting Schedule for 2021

 

Hi Fukuchi San!

Is it ok if we add placeholder meetings every two months around the same date, and then adjust as final decisions are made?

Shane

On Feb 8, 2021, at 18:03, Hiro Fukuchi <hiroyuki.fukuchi@sony.com> wrote:

Hi,

Japan WG is planning the next meeting on March 17(Wed).

We have not fixed the meeting schedule after April, but we will continuingly hold a meeting per two to three months.

---
Hiro Fukuchi (Hiroyuki.Fukuchi@sony.com)
Sony

From: japan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org <japan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org> On Behalf Of Rachel Braun
Sent: Friday, February 5, 2021 4:22 AM
To: germany-wg@lists.openchainproject.org
Cc: OpenChain India <india-wg@lists.openchainproject.org>; OpenChain Tooling <oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io>; OpenChain UK <uk-wg@lists.openchainproject.org>; OpenChain Japan <japan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org>; OpenChain Korea <korea-wg@lists.openchainproject.org>; OpenChain Taiwan <taiwan-wg@lists.openchainproject.org>; OpenChain Automotive <openchain-automotive-work-group@groups.io>; OpenChain Education <education@lists.openchainproject.org>; operations <operations@openchainproject.org>
Subject: Re: [japan-wg] [germany-wg] ACTION ITEM: OpenChain Work Groups - Our Meeting Schedule for 2021
Importance: High

Hello, all!

Following up on Shane’s message below regarding the global OpenChain calendar. Please provide (provisional) dates for your planned 2021 meetings at your earliest convenience. These meetings can be bi-weekly, once a quarter, or standalone meetings - they can all be included on the global calendar.

Thank you to those groups that have already shared their dates!

Warmly,

Rachel Braun
Event & Meeting Planner & Interim Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
M: 608-669-3507 (Time Zone: Central)
E: rbraun@linuxfoundation.org<mailto:rbraun@linuxfoundation.org>












On Feb 2, 2021, at 12:13 AM, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org<mailto:scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org>> wrote:

Dear all

I would like to create a global calendar for OpenChain hosted on the website.

Can you coordinate your work group with Rachel to provide (provisional) dates for your meetings in 2021? It does not matter if you meet bi-weekly or once a quarter, if we could create this rough guide it would be really, really useful for new participants.

For work groups without a regular schedule, I propose we put something on the schedule for each quarter, starting with a meeting in mid-March.

For everyone else, please let Rachel know your basic idea for meetings throughout the year.

Let’s do this and make it super easy for people to jump in.

Regards

Shane



Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org<mailto:scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org>
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org<http://www.linuxfoundation.org>

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/openchainproject












Re: [germany-wg] ACTION ITEM: OpenChain Work Groups - Our Meeting Schedule for 2021

Rachel Braun <rbraun@...>
 

Hello, all!

Following up on Shane’s message below regarding the global OpenChain calendar. Please provide (provisional) dates for your planned 2021 meetings at your earliest convenience. These meetings can be bi-weekly, once a quarter, or standalone meetings - they can all be included on the global calendar. 

Thank you to those groups that have already shared their dates!

Warmly,

Rachel Braun
Event & Meeting Planner & Interim Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
M: 608-669-3507 (Time Zone: Central)
E: rbraun@...












On Feb 2, 2021, at 12:13 AM, Shane Coughlan <scoughlan@...> wrote:

Dear all

I would like to create a global calendar for OpenChain hosted on the website.

Can you coordinate your work group with Rachel to provide (provisional) dates for your meetings in 2021? It does not matter if you meet bi-weekly or once a quarter, if we could create this rough guide it would be really, really useful for new participants.

For work groups without a regular schedule, I propose we put something on the schedule for each quarter, starting with a meeting in mid-March.

For everyone else, please let Rachel know your basic idea for meetings throughout the year.

Let’s do this and make it super easy for people to jump in.

Regards

Shane



Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: scoughlan@...       
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/openchainproject








ACTION ITEM: OpenChain Work Groups - Our Meeting Schedule for 2021

 

Dear all

I would like to create a global calendar for OpenChain hosted on the website.

Can you coordinate your work group with Rachel to provide (provisional) dates for your meetings in 2021? It does not matter if you meet bi-weekly or once a quarter, if we could create this rough guide it would be really, really useful for new participants.

For work groups without a regular schedule, I propose we put something on the schedule for each quarter, starting with a meeting in mid-March.

For everyone else, please let Rachel know your basic idea for meetings throughout the year.

Let’s do this and make it super easy for people to jump in.

Regards

Shane



Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/openchainproject


REMINDER: OpenChain Webinar #17 - LFX: Tools to Build and Scale Sustainable Technologies - Today at 7am CET / 2pm CST / 3pm KST+JST

 

Reminder :)

OpenChain Webinar #17 - LFX: Tools to Build and Scale Sustainable Technologies - Today at 7am CET / 2pm CST / 3pm KST+JST

LFX is a toolkit built to facilitate every aspect of open source development. We will get a full overview of project analytic tools, IP risk containment, security and Crowdfunding.

This is a must-watch. No registration. Free for everyone.

Catch you in 45 minutes.
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2021/02/01/openchain-webinar-17


Monthly Webinars + Global Work Team Calls - New Schedule

 

Dear everyone

We have had feedback throughout the community that people want to have the option of attending all the webinars and all the global calls from Europe and Asia. This was previously impossible due to timing across the world. To address this, from February onward we will have a new schedule. If you are on the main mailing list, you will already have received updated calendar invitations. These are also attached below for your reference, and the new schedule is mapped out:

First Monday Webinar + Second Monday Global Work Team Call:
22:00 Pacific (PST)
Tuesday:
06:00 London (GMT)
07:00 Berlin (CET)
13:00 Beijing / Taipei (CST)
14:00 Seoul / Tokyo (KST / JST)

Third Monday Webinar + Fourth Monday Global Work Team Call:
07:00 Pacific (PST)
16:00 Berlin (CET)
15:00 London (GMT)
22:00 China (CST)
23:00 Tokyo (KST / JST)

I am looking forward to welcoming more of you from more diverse geographies to our calls. With ISO 5230 deploying across the world, our collaboration in 2021 will be more important than ever.

Regards

Shane



Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/openchainproject


Take two minutes to support OpenChain at this unique moment

 

Hello community!

I would like to ask for your support as OpenChain formally announces our graduation from ISO.

You are our influencers, and your reach is precisely what we need to help bring hundreds of new people and organizations into the fold. We want to support them on their journey to adoption, deployment and conformance around the ISO Standard for compliance.

If you could share one or more of our core news announcements below across your social media it would be tremendously useful. A moment to speak to our developments in your own words can have a huge impact.

Main ISO announcement:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2020/12/15/openchain-2-1-is-iso5230

Toyota conformance announcement:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2020/12/15/toyota-iso-5230

NCSOFT conformance announcement:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2020/12/15/ncsoft-conformance-iso-iec-5230

Thank you in advance for lending a hand this week, and helping to ensure the compliance landscape is transformed as we enter 2021.

Regards

Shane


Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: scoughlan@linuxfoundation.org
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.linuxfoundation.org

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/openchainproject


OpenChain Self-Certification - Downloadable Self Certification Questionnaire

 

Greetings again all

Our web-app currently links to a rather bare-bones autogenerated printable Self Certification Questionnaire for those who wish to be analoge :)
https://openchain-project.github.io/conformance-questionnaire/questionnaire.pdf

This is being replaced by an easier to use document. This document is also starting out barebones but is ready for expansion. How granular do you think we should go? Do we add the definitions from the spec? Do we start with detailed explanatory language? What would be useful for you or your (internal/external) clients?


Re: [openchain] [oss-based-compliance-tooling] OpenChain devroom at FOSDEM 2021 help needed

 

Thanks Oliver!

World, let’s get at it!

Meanwhile, Alex, can you prepare a blog post?

On Dec 14, 2020, at 22:09, Oliver Fendt <oliver.fendt@siemens.com> wrote:

Hi all

The CFP for the OpenChain dev-room at FOSDEM 2021 is now linked at the FOSDEM site
https://fosdem.org/2021/schedule/track/openchain/
We are looking forward to receive your submissions

Ciao
Oliver

From: main@lists.openchainproject.org <main@lists.openchainproject.org> On Behalf Of Shane Coughlan
Sent: Montag, 14. Dezember 2020 11:58
To: OpenChain Main <main@lists.openchainproject.org>; OpenChain UK <uk-wg@lists.openchainproject.org>
Subject: [openchain] [oss-based-compliance-tooling] OpenChain devroom at FOSDEM 2021 help needed

Forwarding to the world!


Begin forwarded message:

From: "Oliver Fendt" <oliver.fendt@siemens.com>
Subject: [oss-based-compliance-tooling] OpenChain devroom at FOSDEM 2021 help needed
Date: December 11, 2020 21:35:51 JST
To: "oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io" <oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io>
Reply-To: oss-based-compliance-tooling@groups.io

Hi all,

perhaps you already recognized that there is an OpenChain devroom at FOSDEM 2021.
I have drafted a CFP for presentations to be held in the OpenChain devroom. Please check https://github.com/Open-Source-Compliance/Sharing-creates-value/blob/master/Events/FOSDEM/FOSDEM-2021/OpenChain-devroom-CFP.md

Since time is running and the CFP must be online at the official FOSDEM website, I need your help:
1. Please review the CFP and improve it
2. Please volunteer as a member of the devroom organizer - we need to have some people, who are willing to review submissions and to draft the agenda for the devroom. I do not have experience in organizing a FOSDEM devroom but I think 5 or 7 persons might be ok. Please indicate your willingness either by responding to the mailing list or to me personally.
3. once we have a team, I will create a mailing list

Most important now is to get the CFP ready and to submit it to the FOSDEM organizers, so please review the CFP

Thank you very much

Ciao
Oliver







[oss-based-compliance-tooling] OpenChain devroom at FOSDEM 2021 help needed

 

Forwarding to the world!

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Oliver Fendt" <oliver.fendt@...>
Subject: [oss-based-compliance-tooling] OpenChain devroom at FOSDEM 2021 help needed
Date: December 11, 2020 21:35:51 JST

Hi all,

perhaps you already recognized that there is an OpenChain devroom at FOSDEM 2021.
I have drafted a CFP for presentations to be held in the OpenChain devroom. Please check https://github.com/Open-Source-Compliance/Sharing-creates-value/blob/master/Events/FOSDEM/FOSDEM-2021/OpenChain-devroom-CFP.md

Since time is running and the CFP must be online at the official FOSDEM website, I need your help:
1. Please review the CFP and improve it
2. Please volunteer as a member of the devroom organizer - we need to have some people, who are willing to review submissions and to draft the agenda for the devroom. I do not have experience in organizing a FOSDEM devroom but I think 5 or 7 persons might be ok. Please indicate your willingness either by responding to the mailing list or to me personally.
3. once we have a team, I will create a mailing list

Most important now is to get the CFP ready and to submit it to the FOSDEM organizers, so please review the CFP

Thank you very much

Ciao
Oliver







OpenChain Advent Calendar Day 1

 

Our wonderful Japanese Work Group is running their annual advent calendar in English and Japanese. You can check out the daily publications here:
https://qiita.com/advent-calendar/2020/openchainjapanwg

I am also republishing each item and advertising them to executives, legal and project management on LinkedIn and Facebook with a nine day offset, providing community visability throughout the holiday season, including during the days when people are likely to have more time to read. While you may not see the adverts yourself (but if you do, share!), you can check out the format with the first day being promoted here:
https://www.openchainproject.org/news/2020/12/01/openchain-advent-calendar-day-1

Thank you Ayumi for making this happen! And Endo San too!


Big News about Big News: OpenChain is ISO/IEC 5230:2020 on 14th December

 

Just got an email from ISO confirming our final number: ISO/IEC 5230:2020

We are listed in the database for release on December 14th. 

Watch this space.


OpenChain Webinar #15: Michael Poe on His Journey to Open Source @ December 7th at 9am Pacific / 5pm UK / 6pm CET

 

We will be hearing from Michael G. Poe, a newcomer to the world of Open Source Compliance and current Sales Manager with FossID. Michael will share his thoughts on his surprising journey from consumer products to software, and how the underlying principles of the open source community have enabled him along the way. Learn more:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2020/11/27/openchain-webinar-15
This is the final episode of the bi-weekly OpenChain Webinar series for 2020. We have featured international speakers on a wide range of topics related to open source compliance challenges and solutions. Learn more here:
https://www.openchainproject.org/webinars-interviews
We will be back in early 2021 with more speakers, discussions and insights.

61 - 80 of 121